Monday, April 9, 2012

The Boys...

 
Hi there!  I hope everyone was treated well by the Easter bunny and more importantly that you had a day filled will family, friends and many blessings.  We definitely had a weekend with lots of great family time.  I'll have more pictures to share with lots of cousin time, but I thought I'd share a few of the boys.  I try to snap individual photos of each of the boys.  With spring arriving early this year, the trees and flowers were in full bloom and made a nice backdrop for the pictures.  You can definitely get a bit of a sense of their personalities in these photos.  And I wanted to share this one below of Collin...he was very intent on blowing the bubbles from Nana!

My card today will go to Molly who I mentioned in this post. If you are so inclined, I'd love for you to send her a card.  I didn't have a card in my stash that I felt was appropriate, so I made this one inspired by Laurie's card for CASE Study.  I don't typically cover the entire card base with patterned paper, but I loved the soft feel of this My Mind's Eye paper.  I added the sentiment from Verve's New Mercy set along with a die cut heart from Verve.  You can see I took the heart, flower and twine from Laurie's card too.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope your week got off to a great start!


Below is Laurie's gorgeous inspiration card!

 

18 comments:

  1. such gorgeous boys.
    This background card is gorgeous and the sentiment very appropriate for Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had such a good, family filled Easter! The boys all look super handsome and that tree in the background is gorgeous!
    Your card for Molly is so gorgeous and sure to be appreciated. Such a tragic story. My heart goes out to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great pics of those handsome boys! Looks like you had a beautiful day.
    LOVE that gorgeous paper on your card, and the soft colors are a perfect match to the sentiment. Thanks for joining us again at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics! They are getting so big! Your card is gorgeous! I love how you used that patterned paper in the background! And a gorgeous verse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that paper is so pretty, Lynn! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing the photos of your sweet boys! Sounds like you all enjoyed your Easter - can't wait to see more pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how the flowers frame the sentiment :) And a gorgeous sentiment sure to touch Molly's heart :) I also used a stamp from that set for her...thanks for letting us know her story. The twine behind that sweet little flower is the perfect touch:) Thanks for playing with us again on CASE Study...i'm thinking you are addicted now? LOL Just like me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, after I hit the "publish" button I realized I didn't mention the photos!! Of course you know how much i love your boys. LOVE the photos you take of them...they really do capture their spirit...the camera never lies! I love that Collin needed to have the bubbles in the photo...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such good looking boys ! Your card is very creative with that printed paper , and wonderful verse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures of the boys, Lynn! And I LOVE your card, especially all those bold, bright, happy florals on your woodgrain backdrop! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someday I'd like to meet those boys of yours and see their personalities play out in real life! Some day! Wow, your card is exquisite! I love the chipboard heart with the patterned paper. So subtle and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, LOVE the pics of your HANDSOME boys and LOVE that sweet card you made! GORGEOUS paper and I LOVE the heart with the twine bow and tiny resin flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a handsome brood. And that is one lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now there's a profile shot of each of your boys to treasure! I love how each of their personalities shines through :)
    What a sweet card too! I love that DP and your pretty choice of spring colours!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study too of course!
    Oooh and one more thing: had to giggle that you had the Tina Turner song in your head from my last post. I had Rawhide stuck in mine! LOL!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just beautiful Lynn the PP is so worthy to take centre stage.... I'm sure it will be well received :0)
    Love the individual shots of your boys, such a good way to see how they change year on year. Glad you had a family fun time at Easter :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! I love the wooden background and those colorful flowers! Beautiful!

    Have a Blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Handsome boys! :) Great card Lynn! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at these handsome fellows!! You're one lucky momma :) I love the card too, especially my favourite MME paper! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. SUCH a stunning card! I will TOTALLY jump in here and send one - THANKS for sharing this incredible story.

    ReplyDelete