Monday, February 27, 2012

Thanks for Everything

Another show choir weekend is in the books!  Unfortunately, we aren't able to use flash cameras in the audience which is completely understandable and the couple of pictures I took without a flash are 100% fuzzy...so candid shots will have to do!  Ryan and Elizabeth...not much time for the three of us to hang out together, but Elizabeth and I had a great time together.  I loved chatting with her about what is going on in her life, where she's thinking about going to college, etc.  I love her!

And here's the three of us.  You can see Ryan is growing!  Not saying much that he is taller than me (as I'm all of 5' 1") but he is passing up his uncles on the Mangan side of the family...

And here's Ryan with a few of his friends:  Brighton, Matt, Jake  and Maddie.  I have to say I smile every time I see Jake on stage.  If you've been a long time follower, you may remember me talking about Jake here.  He's amazing!  A two time cancer survivor and his smile simply melts my heart.  He's one amazing young man.

And...this picture was snapped right before our school picked up best vocals, best choreography and grand champs!

And I wouldn't want to leave you without a card for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  I love pink and green (my favorite preppy color combo) and wanted to quickly ink up my PTI anniversary set.  So off I went stamping away.  Don't look too closely the two step stamping isn't quite lined up :)
Below is the fabulous CASE Study inspiration...

21 comments:

  1. Wow, grand champs?! Congrats to your son! It looks like you had a fantastic time.
    Lovely interpretation of Karola's card for your CASE, Lynn. I'm itching to get my hands on this anniversary set, and I think your two step stamping looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - they won best vocals, best choreography, and grand champs?!! Woo, hoo! What a fab weekend it must have been! Love the photos, Lynn - tell Ryan, "BIG CONGRATS!!"

    And then I scrolled down and you've created a card with my fave colors! Needless to say, I love this post today - such a pretty card! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great pictures with big smiles!! That says it all :) Sounds like they cleaned up many of the awards!! Woohoo! What a delightful card with the CASE Study colours :) Her inspiration is so rich, there's lots to pick from :) ACK!! You got the anniversary set!! I didnt' (yet) so you may have to convince me :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures from your weekend fun activities. Congrats to your son!

    Beautiful take of the case study card. I actually like the stamping not lined up. Love the placement of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I always think candid shots are the best :0)
    Looks like a great weekend was had by all !
    Such a pretty card too and I actually like the fact the solid colour isn't lined up exactly :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a BEAUTIFUL card - so fresh and springy. So happy that your school were the grand champs! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty Lynn. Congrats to Ryan and the rest of the guys for being Grand Champs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo!!! That is so wonderful for Ryan and his group! What an accomplishment and I bet they are still floating on cloud 9! Congrats to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So they're already sending out the anniversary sets? After seeing what you did with it here, I REALLY want mine! Classic color combo, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also want to let you know that I forwarded you a Liebster Blog award. I totally won't be offended if you choose not to respond or forward the blog award along, but I just wanted to say "Thanks" for all your kind encouraging words and awesome card inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grand champs!! Whoop whoop! How awesome! I'll bet they were so excited and you must be a super proud mama bear! :)
    Pink and green really are the best preppy colours aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! That's something to be proud of! Grand champs!

    Your card is so serene and utterly gorgeous! I just LOVE this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohhh goodness... look at that gorgeous card. fabulous stamping.

    WTG Ryan!!! Fabulous pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty card, I just love it! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love flowers are so beautiful, I should try repeat stamping..

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS to your son! WOW! LOVED the pics! LOVED your card too! PRETTY colors and your stamping looks great to me! Can't wait to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Lovely work and congrats on Top 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Looks like the choir show was a true hit! Congrats to the kids! Loved seeing your pics over on FB! I love pink and green color combo too! They are such sweet colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the photos and card, Lynn! It's so nice to have our sons taller than us, huh? (I am also around 5 ft 1" and was worried that my David will be shorter than me--LOL)!Congrats on making the top 3 over CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete