Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Inspired by Els

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments from yesterday's post.  I'm still smiling!  I mentioned then that today's post would be dedicated to Els.   She was so kind to send me this gorgeous Christmas card (this second one on the post) and not only did she sent the card she sent some goodies with the card. The doily, tag, bell and hearts are all compliments of Els.  And...in a tribute to her, I added a little spray mist to the cards. I adore her style.  It is always so fresh, clean and unique.  Thanks Els.  Can't wait to use the rest of the goodies you sent me! 

The layout is very similar to layouts Els does and is also inspired by this week's CASE Study Challenge.  Hope you like it!  Happy Tuesday.

13 comments:

  1. So pretty and feminine Lynn :)
    I love the fresh crisp style and great how the burlap is cut on the diagonal! Thanks for introducing me to Els blog, she sure has a unique Style!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lynn-love the use of the doily-got some for Xmas and not sure what to do with it so now I have a few ideas-I also love Els style x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, the layers and eclectic mix of items go so well together! Very pretty, very sweet. Oh, and I love the misting to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how simple this is and yet soo stunning! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly rocked those goodies, Lynn!!I love your card, so sweet! That burlap accent is fabulous! Great mist color :)
    Thank you very much, Lynn!! Good luck with the challenge :)
    Els

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Lynn! I love the burlap and wonderful misting! So sweet with the tag and little bell too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I LOVE this!! doily, tag, hearts! What's not to love? just lovely!! AND so is the card you received (checked it out!). I'm home watching the news in front of the fireplace...made it to the gym after school!! ACK!! I'm crazy! Now I need a nap!! But the week's already half done!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so pretty. Love the colors and the spray ink is a lovely accent color. I seriously love those little jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the diagonal strip in the burlap - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous interpretation, Lynn! I love the misting, doily and burlap combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Els the sweetest? Loving this unique take on the sketch! Very modern, too. I have a strip of burlap left from Christmas wrapping - maybe I should try to incorporate it into a card *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your take on Els card is spot-on! Love them both! Fabulous CAS design with LOADS of texture!

    ReplyDelete