Monday, January 30, 2012

Celebrate Your Day!

 
Good morning!  Time to pop in with my entry for the current CASE Study Challenge and to give a quick recap of our weekend.  My card today is for one of my mum's very dear friends, Maureen.  She is celebrating her 75th birthday this weekend.  Maureen has been the recipient of a few of my cards and she has mentioned she really likes one I made with a bird.  So, I decided to use a chip board bird, cover it with some pretty paper and add the sentiment. My mum specifically asked that I put a 75 on the card.  I tried to do it softly :)  The layout was inspired by the CASE Study card at the bottom of the post!

Now...onto the weekend!  There were ten moms that made the road trip to the first show choir competition of the year.  It would be an understatement to say that we laughed this weekend.  We laughed a ton.  Here we are on Friday night...sharing a few appetizers and maybe a glass of wine or two :)  Of course, we had to make sure that we showed off our jazz hands too!
On Saturday, our choir was the first to compete. It ended up that there weren't any other middle schools competing (all high schools).  We're not sure what happened, but they performed really well!  Being rookies to show choir, we didn't know that flash photography wasn't allowed (and I brought my camera bag, but not my camera!).  So...these pictures are mostly iPhone photos as the kids were hanging out. 

Here they are grabbing lunch. Their lime green hoodies have the show choir name on the back.  They LOVE them!  And are very proud to were them to school on the Friday before a competition weekend!

Hanging out in the auditorium waiting for the next performance...
Showing their own jazz hands!
Back to relaxing :)
We drove home late Saturday night...the kids came home at 3:30...needless to say we're all tired...and ready to compete again in a couple weeks!

20 comments:

  1. Love that chipboard bird and the subtle way you added the 74! ;)
    Looks like everyone had a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever way to put the age on the card! And the twine around the neck is really sweet.
    Looks like a fab girly weekend and the kids look like they are having the best time.
    Any youtube videos?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you added the number under the sentiment...brilliant! Great take on this CASE study and I love the simplicity as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to hear that they did well, and it looks like you had a ton of fun! Your card is beautiful, the bird is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card - Maureen will too. Enjoyed the pictures - everyone was certainly enjoying themselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Maureen?! I'm not surprised...a good Irish name! What a beautiful bird! It's always a toss up to put an age on a card...I like how you did it "softly." And what wonderful pics to see again. The jazz hands are my favourites :) Ugh, here goes Monday....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the card, and the softly placed "75". I also like the twine bow on the bird - so pretty! I think this friend will really enjoy this card. Loved seeing your family pics from the weekend too - lots of fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, Lynn - love the bird and soft colors! Thanks for sharing the photos - what a fun looking group of moms! Glad to hear the kids did well, and looks like they had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, this brings back some wonderful show choir memories. Glad you had a great time!
    What a sweet birthday card for your Mom's friend. I love the muted tones and rustic twine! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds you have a lot of fun on weekend. great card for your mom's friend. Love the big die cut bird and subtle 75 under the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that chipboard birdie on your card! I was wondering how the weekend went! And I caught a glimpse of these photos over on FB too! Looks like you all had such a fabulous time! I love their shirts that the kids are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birds! I always love birds and this is no exception! Great take on the challenge. Looks like a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Lynn :) Great pics, so glad everyone had a good time - including the mums!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin that huge bird on your card, and I've always loved those sentiments by Dawn. Thanks for sharing the photos...it looks like the moms were having just as much fun as the kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty, soft card, Lynn! I really love the VERY subtle 75..! I must bear that technique in mind when it comes to the bigger numbers LOL!
    What a fabulous weekend! So much fun (and that goes for both the kids and adults by the looks of it!)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Thanks for joining us on CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like so much fun! TFS your pics! And your card is a beautiful CASE! LOVE that gorgeous blue!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Show Choir is so much fun! Thanks for sharing those photos. I will be following my sis and her show choir to Findley this weekend. Are you guys going? Not sure if it is just for high school or not. I also will be going to one in Lebanon in March, so maybe we can hook up!
    Your card is out of this world fab, Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suuuper cute card! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a cool way to add an age to a card ;0) Love your CASE of Jens card.
    Certainly looks and sounds like a great weekend... the lime green hoodies are awesome :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. adore the softness of the bird card. the way you added the years is genius. beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete