Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Remember the Reason for the Season!

Have you noticed that I am cranking out the Christmas cards?  I've done quite a few, but I still have a lot to go.  So...the current challenge over at Embellish Magazine is not a traditional Christmas color palette, but I decided to go for it.  I wanted to go ahead and make a Christmas card.  I die cut out the middle panel to expose the lilac paper and stamp by sentiment.  I stamped a PTI sentiment and added a tiny gem.  To finish off the card, I stitched around the edges and added a touch of ribbon.  After making this I realized I need to buy some more Bazzill paper.  I love the touch of texture it adds.

Before I sign off for today, I thought I'd share a few pictures from this past weekend.  They were taken with my phone, so they're not the best, but here goes.  We participated in Loveland's Halloween Amazing Race with our friends, Tammie & Glenn.  There were 100 teams participating with four participants each and all proceeds go to local charities.  We ran through downtown Loveland looking for clues.  Pat and Tammie decided that Glenn and me are too competitive so when we walked away at one point they were toasting that we had left!  Ha...needless to say, we didn't win (that's what happens when you don't read all the directions!), but we had a great time catching up with a lot of friends.  We're looking forward to doing it again next year.

Tammie and I pre-race..making sure we had a drink before the race started!
 Our team...Hearthstone HeartAttacks...we don't really look ready to go?!
 A challenge photo...yes we were required to be "in a dumpster"!
 Another challenge...to be in boat.  Glenn got in too far and his butt was soaking wet the whole night...woops!
Max and Pat sharing (not cheating :)!) answers to the 80s song/artist challenge! I love that Pat remembered to bring his reading glasses!
A great night! 

10 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Your Amazing Race looked like heaps of fun! Pretty card Lynn, I like the lilac and the textured card stock :)

Jen W. said...

Every time I use Bazzill paper I think the same thing - this texture rocks, why don't I use it more?? Love the patterned paper and the stitching and that little gem!

Maureen said...

oh, I needed a laugh this morning...thanks!! Is that the canoe with took a picture beside this summer? And the reading glasses CRACKED me up! Tony is the same way and we laugh that's why he got himself a young wife :) What a lovely Christmas card and I think the colours are perfect for the season of Joy :) I was coming a little undone this morning on the way to work and then feeling bad about that because I'm so lucky to have a roof over my head and my health and I should be more grateful...and I have have lovely friends all over the world that make me laugh :) hugs!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your card. The sentiment is PERFECT and the design is classy and elegant! Thanks for sharing your fun photos, Lynn!

Cristina said...

You go with your holiday card! I really wanted to do a holiday card with those colors, but I couldn't figure it out. You, on the other hand, rocked it!

Barb said...

The race looks like lots of fun, Lynn! What a neat idea for charity! Love your gorgeous card! So elegant with the lovely stitching and pretty bow!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I'm not just amazed at all of your holiday cards but your daily blogging as well! How do you do that? I'm happy if I can do at least 10 posts per month..lol! Love the trees in the background on your card. You always do your ribbons perfectly! Great pics of your race!!

Karen B. said...

This is one of the most beautiful holiday cards I've seen-due to the colors, the design and the wonderful sentiment. Looks like you all had a pretty fun night too!

Aimes said...

Oooh I never thought of those colours for Christmas but it totally works! Not sure I could pull it off but you've inspired me! :)
What a fun day/night you lot had - the pic of you in the dumpster is a classic!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Perfect in every way! Love that sentiment!