Monday, November 28, 2011

I've Been Thinking About You (and a few Thanksgiving photos...)

The CAS CASE Study card for this week quickly got my crafty mojo going!  I love, love, love the layout and decided to create a very similar card.  I used a touch of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and one of my favorite Hero Arts stamps, the wreath that is so versatile!  Added a quick banner and Verve sentiment to finish off the card!

Now onto a few Thanksgiving photos!  This was our first time every hosting Thanksgiving. We had the Mangan side of the family over which equated to 10 adults and 11 children.  Pat's sister was the first to arrive.  I asked her to snap a quick photo of our family. Take one:  not too bad...except Ryan looks like he is freezing...
 Take two...Aunt Molly requests silly faces...two out of six of us got the message :)
Every one brought a dish, but it was our first time making a turkey.  Pat was all about it!  He had a practice run with his propane powered turkey cooker on Wednesday.  And then on Thursday, he and his brother both made turkeys.  We definitely didn't have a shortage of turkey and it was delicious!  Here are the proud chefs!  What's the saying about too many cooks in the kitchen?  Tim pulling out his turkey...
 Pat proudly displaying his turkey...
And Collin leading everyone off in saying what we are thankful for this Thanksgiving.  So, so sweet.  We talked about this for several days.  "Mommy, don't forget.  I'll go first and say what I'm thankful for then everyone will stand in a circle and do it too."  He was thankful for his family.
 Will, Nana, PopPop, Uncle Mark & Aunt Molly sharing what they are thankful for too!
And then we all grabbed our plates...we ate a lot but there were a ton of left overs!  I'll be back tomorrow with a few more photos!

19 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing photos of you and your boys (big and little) it sure seems as though you all had a fantastic time! I think each and every card I see here too becomes my new favorite of yours. I love this card, the strips going down the side are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lynn. One of our neighbors talked about those turkey fryers, and I am intrigued! They say the turkey is delish!
    Your cards are just beautiful, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed seeing your Thanksgiving day photos Lynn, what a lovely family picture :)
    Your CASE card is really pretty too, such a great mix of papers stamp and embellishments...you couldn't have matched them any better!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card looks like a winner, for sure. Love this wreath and the soft color palette you used.

    Gorgeous photos of your family! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll be over later to share some of your leftovers. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when you share photos of your beautiful family. Looks like a fab time. Your card is so beautiful too, Lynn! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK!! I love those photos...I'm thinking that ledge is famous for photos ;) WE have cooked turkey that way too...my sister in Vancouver has a turkey fryer and we are always amazed at how quickly and deliciously it works!! YUM!! Love that Ryan is cold in short sleeves...teens are the same everywhere!! LOL Did you get any good deals on your shopping trip? AND lastly, love the CASE card! That wreath is fabulous...almost like it better than the PTI one...this one is bigger! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good looking family you all are! Love the pics. Your card is wonderful as usual. What a great wreath stamp. So perfect for quick CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's that lovely wreath stamp, so versatile! Your holiday photos are fun! I always enjoy seeing your big family! Love the silly one of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the wreath, I can't believe I bought that card forever ago and have not used it once! You've inspired me to pull it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always LOVE your family photos, Lynn! That turkey looks YUMMY! Your card is pretty yummy, too! LOVE the sentiment and the circles of leaves! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! That is one crazy looking turkey cooker! The turkey does look super yummy though... Are you still eating left overs?
    Love your wreath tucked behind the patterned paper on the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful turkey! And your little Collin is so sweet, I love that he wanted to lead the way with his thankfulness :)

    This card is just gorgeous!! I love that wreath and the soft blue button and the strips of DP, I like yours better than the inspiration card, actually:)

    I know, when you host there are loads of leftovers. I found a recipe for a casserole made with leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. We are trying it tonight, hope its good! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, and an even more gorgeous family. It looks like the perfect Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like it was a truly, wonderful Thanksgiving for you all! LOVE your pics, especially the ones of you and your boys! Oh! And Ezekiel took over like that with Christmas last year :). It must be the age.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness this is lovely!!! Fabulous stamping and a perfect CAS design! Your family is beautiful! What a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love when I see your blog banner pop up on my screen - I know I'm in for a treat! And I wasn't disappointed - great choice of stamps. Thnaks for joining as at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what wonderful family photos!!!

    Your card is amazing! I love the design and such great stamp choices.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely CAS card Lynn! And what fabulous Thanksgiving pics! Looks like awesome family fun!

    ReplyDelete