Thursday, November 10, 2011

Celebrate {in damask style}


 
This past weekend we went to a wedding of a long time friend's daughter.  I worked with the father of the bride for many, many years and now I work with his daughter, the bride!  So, my brothers and sister-in-laws attended too.  Pat was camping with Collin and Marcel so he couldn't make it.  We had a really nice time catching up with friends and dancing the night away.  Kelly's wedding card is above and coordinate with her invitations and wedding colors:  black damask with a touch of red.  She had the best high heeled red sparkly sandles on.  I wish I had taken a picture of her feet! :)

Here's a few pictures from the wedding (I apologize for the blurriness...I took them with my phone!)  Me with my two older brothers:  Mark & Neal.
  A group of my old co-workers from my previous job. 
Jeff and Kelly with their father/daughter dance.  We were all a bit teary!
And they had a photo booth...which of course, we went in three times in a row since there wasn't a line at the start of the reception.  In the first row...you can tell we had no idea what we were doing.  The first picture we weren't even in the booth.  Then in the second row...we were pushing Laura out the back of the booth...so she maybe protested just a bit.  And then...on the third try (yes...the third tries the charm with our family...) we got our act together!

15 comments:

Arlene said...

Love the clean look of this card. Looks like everyone had a great time at the wedding...love the first picture with your brothers.

Karen B. said...

Clean. Sophisticated. Very elegant.

Barb said...

I love those photo booths! My niece had one at her wedding and it was such fun - lots of laughter goes on in there! Love your gorgeous card, Lynn! Glad you had a nice time! :)

Maureen said...

oh, what a classy and elegant card!! LOVE the pop of passion red ribbon :) And the pictures are wonderful!! I don't think I've seen one of you and both your brothers :) I can really see the family resemblance. LOL The photo booth!! They are the best!! I see you were trying the jazzy hands!? What a fun keepsake :) Things are still slow on the home front...hopefully the paint inside will be finished and the exterior doors next week. Not much has changed in looks to the house so I haven't taken more pictures yet. Have a great trip!!

Christina said...

So classy! I love when wedding cards coordinate with the bride's colors!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely bold color choices on your card, I always love damask designs! I haven't been to a wedding in years, seriously! I just think everyone I know is already married and the youngest in my family - my niece at 25 - well, she may be next!
You and your brothers look wonderful in that photo!

Emily Leiphart said...

A stunning, classic card, Lynn! I love the pop of red and those photos are so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

Kim H. said...

I love the card. So clean and beautiful! The photo booth pics though... they were just a hoot! I love photo booths and you guys really had some GREAT shots! WHat a wonderful keepsake!!

Jenny said...

I know you love damask and you do it so well too Lynn....gorgeous card :)
Great photos, I can see the family resemblance in you and your brothers :) The photo booth looks fun!
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Awww! Events like this are always so joyful! Love the photo booth! Sorry your hubby couldn't make it, but i bet the boys had fun:)

Gorgeous card, I have always loved a red/black/white combo, and you have done this so elegantly! Love the bow!

Thanks for the well-wishes about my Dad, he is recovering very well, I am so glad it is over! :) Hugs!

lisa arana said...

simple and stunning.

Anonymous said...

What an elegant card! I really like the crisp and clean design with the pop of red.
You look stunning....like your necklace!

Jen W. said...

It's been a while since I've seen you work the damask but you rocked it here with that fabulous ribbon!
Love the photo both pics - totally hilarious!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Such classy colors with that card! And your pics look like you had the time of your lives! TFS!

Laurie said...

That card....WOW! Love those colors...love the damask! Your pics are so fun! You all look like you had a ball!