Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Rhythm of Life (a little reflection)


Last week was one of those weeks where life got a little bit crazy.  Things at work not going as planned, overlapping activities for the boys…and generally just a little bit crazier than normal.  But, when I step back and reflect, it is all good.  Not just good, great.  There’s a rhythm to life.  Sometimes the rhythm doesn’t beat as smoothly as we’d like.  Sometimes I loss it, yelling when yelling really isn’t justified, causing the rhythm to get off beat.  And then, I realize the rhythm of life is great.  Little boys climbing onto my lap, bigger boys catching up with their PopPop, a husband that is there for a hug, a laugh and taking more off the daily to do list when it gets a bit too long, friends that make me laugh until I can’t stop, co-workers that go the extra mile, family and friends that I am truly blessed to have in my life.  Despite the craziness on some days, the rhythm of life really is great.

Now onto my card today...more misting fun.  I loved all the circles on the CASE Study Inspiration Card below.  Instead of circles, I used this geometric pattern from Pink Paislee and stamps from my new Technique Tuesday Stamps. This makes me happy too!
The gorgeous inspiration card!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lynn! I love the texture that the misting gives to that pattern and that multi stringed bow is fab!

    Thanks for the reminder to just go with the rhythm and remember how good it really is - even when we feel like yelling. :)

    And congrats on rocking ColourQ and Passion for Papertrey! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Lynn. I think we all feel the rhythm getting off beat at times, but I love how you are able to step back and realize just how good life really is. Your card is beautiful!

    I added a comment on yesterday's post. Didn't want to miss Marcel's birthday! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card! I love how you were inspired by Julie's card.

    And that is an amazing photo of life's little reminders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Lynn, I hear ya on that rhythm of life! I was about to bite heads off last night after work with some craziness over coordinating things at the house and having a husband out of town. Always good to take a step back and see the "big picture." I think that 's only human! Yes, we are human!! LOL What a beautiful family shot :) Moments like these make it all worth it :) And what a gorgeous Christmas card...just put it in the box of Christmas cards for me, okay? ;) LOVE the twine, that pattern and the perfectly placed bling :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab!! Love the background! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! love your version! will def have to try mist-stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well life would be boring if it was all the same-same, right?! Sometimes it really pays to take a step back and appreciate what you have - I think this pic of your boy and his PopPop sums this up perfectly :)
    Great minds think alike with that circle pattern! I've just used a stamp like this on my current card! Love it!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolute beautiful card. It is so soft and pretty, yet you still achieved a geometric look. Well done. And I do have to say that the corners of my mouth picked up greatly when I saw that sweet sweet picture. So glad to hear that you are surrounded with what make your heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the colors and all of your twine. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so blessed, Lynn! LOVE your spritzy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is probably one of the very best posts I have seen Lynn!!! That pic of your dad and your son has moved me in ways you would never know...Love your creation...and so glad that I am a part of this team because of meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I LOVE that green! So beautiful and serene! You are so right about the rhythms of life...a little craziness is a OK! That's the NORM of raising a young family! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful. I love all the circles and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your life story sounds just about like mine lately (minus 2 kiddos!). It's hard to work everything in there that needs done and sometimes things just need to be left undone. I've realized that.

    Love the misting you've done....I have NEVER looked at Technique Tuesday stamps.....I don't think that I will.....for now! hehe

    ReplyDelete