Monday, September 19, 2011

In a Galaxy Far Far Away

Before I get to my official card for today, I wanted to share Marcel's birthday invitation!  He'll be six two weeks from today.  Hard to believe it has been six years already that our sweet little man has been in our lives. The conversation about what he wanted for his birthday was hilarious.  He really wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese and well, let's just say after having numerous birthday parties with his brothers there already, I wanted (yes me..and it is his birthday) to do something different.  The conversation with him was hilarious.  We went through a lot of options:  a jumpy castle place, the pumpkin patch, laser kraze, our house and he kept coming back to Chuck E Cheese.  I was trying to sway him, "You can't have a pinata at Chuck E. Cheese."  It wasn't working!  Finally, what convinced him was that we could buy pumpkins for everyone to paint and have the party at our house.  He really wants a water gun fight too.  We'll try to do that, but the beginning of October might be a little cool outside!  So...we're having a party at our house and he's excited too!  Pat gave me a very hard time about my negotiating skills with Marcel.  If he has his mind set, it isn't easy to change it!  He loves Star Wars...thus the theme of his birthday invite.  I went all digital to speed up the process a bit on getting them out the door!
Now...if you're still with me, I do have a traditional card for you too. I love the color combo of kraft, black and white.  This week the gorgeous CASE Study inspiration card features this crisp color combo.  So I made mine using one of my favorite Verve Set's New Mercies. 

Don't you love the inspiration card?  Hope your Monday is off to a great start!
 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love how you used the Linen IP and that border punch is perfect for this.

    What is it with kids and Chuck E. Cheese? We were obsessed with it (although there's none here but we always saw it on TV). If the party is half as cool as the invitation then it will be a huge success! Can't wait to see the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like Chuck E. Cheese...I'm with you! What a great invitation!
    Beautiful card! I really like how you stamped in Versa Mark on the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GROAN...I hear and feel your pain about Chuck E. Cheese!!!! I am happy that Marcel decided a party at home was the way to go. ;)
    Your sympathy card is simply beautiful, Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, Marcel's invites are sooo cool! Sounds like he's going to have a wonderful birthday. Way to go, convincing him to do ANYTHING besides Chuck E Cheese! :)

    Love your beautiful card! So soft and perfect for a sympathy card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, your boys are killing me with their negotiating skills!! And I thought it was the girls who were more verbal! :) LOVE his invitation and it sounds like one big, fun shindig!! And you do feel like a galaxy away or I would be there :( Gorgeous take on Julie's card...it is a yummy combo with all that kraft, perfect for versamark :) I am bagged this morning!! At least the sun is shining :) Have a great start to the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Lynn! LOVE that bit of texture! And so funny about your kiddos birthday plans! I've been there! LOL! Oh! And his invites are uber fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* They get big so fast...
    Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Your card is gorgeous!! The background with the versamark stamping is very appealing! Love it!
    Have fun preparing for the big birthday party!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the graceful leaves on this, and you're right, the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is the appeal of Chuck E Cheese and boys? It's like the big scary Chuckie comes out and grabs and scoops them in. And yes, I think the Chuck E Cheese mouse is scary, and I'm in my 30s. Great invite for Marcel, it is neat to see you post digital projects and traditional with ease. One talented lady you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love that invite! I've no idea what Chuck E Cheese is - though I've definitely heard of it before...have to admit that pumpkin fun and a water gun fight (weather permitting) sounds like my kinda party!!! ;P
    A truly beautiful sympathy card, Lynn! This colour combo suits them so well!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in awe of your computer skills...that invite is amazing :) Sounds like a great party to me...messing about with water can't be beaten ;)
    Gorgeous card too, love the tone on tone stamping and the IP texture is simply fab :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How divinely CAS, such an elegant card, with such elegant stamping..I love it! And happy birthday to your sweet son, as well! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHA, what a fun story! I'm so glad Damian will never know Chuck E Cheese. LOL I love the silver letters on the invite and your case of Julie's card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete