Friday, June 17, 2011

You Make Me Smile

Good morning, I'm posting a bit later than normal today as I have the day off to see the boys perform today at Vacation Bible School and to run a few errands (like going to the dentist!)  If you're reading this in Google Reader, I'd encourage you to click through.  I'm thrilled to show you my new blog header designed by the fabulous Karen Baker!  She is amazing at taking a few ideas for design and turning them into exactly what you want.  Looking at my blog after her design simply makes me smile!  Thanks so much Karen! 

Before I get to my card, I thought I'd share a few of the "out take" photos of the boys.  I love the pictures of the boys in my blog header and thought you'd get a kick out of the pictures that I didn't use for the header!

First up, my youngest guy and definitely my most outgoing of the bunch.  Maybe that is what happens when you are the youngest of four brothers, but I can't even begin to tell you how outgoing Marcel is. He has never met a stranger!
 Highlighting his handsome face...
 I love profile shots of his sweet little face...
 Collin has hit the age where he either turns on the goofy smile or hides completely....pictures like this result in me trying again the next day!
 One handsome...little guy...
 Jonathon...my brown eyed boy...king of the mountain...
 Clearly...one of his brothers is doing something to make him laugh...

Hmmm..picking our nose?  This is what happens when your dad is standing behind your mom goofing around as she is trying to take a picture of you...
 And it continues....

And, if you've stayed with my post after all those pictures, here is a card for Jay Gee's Challenge.  You Make Me Smile is definitely an appropriate title for how I feel about working with Karen!  And yes, if you've been visiting this week, my Hero Arts Envelope Background stamp is definitely getting a work out!
Ingredients:  Hero Arts Envelope Stamp; Technique Tuesday Stamps; Ink:  Regal Rose, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black and Ranger Antique Linen

12 comments:

Judy said...

Lynn,
Oh my the blog is so pretty... and those boys as cute as can be. Have a great day, even if you have to go to the dentist.
Hugs,
Judy

Karen B. said...

Your boys are so handsome and it is really fun to see each of them shine in this post. Your card is beautifully clean and simple, I love that flower accent. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to work with you, you are the ideal client and I had a lot of fun! I'm happy that you are happy with the design! Have fun this weekend!

Barb said...

Wonderful new photos of the boys in your header, Lynn! You are so blessed! Love the card! Have a fab weekend!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous photos of the boys - much have been a blast doing a photo shoot with 4 goof balls. :)

Love seeing so much of the envelope stamp and I love the CASness of this card. I remember a while ago you saying you were having trouble with inking your edges but from looking at this week's cards you've clearly got it figured out! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the new set up and have really loved all your cards!!!!

Jenny said...

How wonderful to have such a big family, I'm sure they're a credit to you both.
Gorgeous card too love the CAS design :)
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

Love the new banner Lynn! and the out take photos of the boys are so fun. I really don't know how you manage with 4 boys... I struggle with 1! Maybe that's because I am one of 3 girls and my first is a girl...boys are a bit of a shock LOL.

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us this month. Hugs Judith.

Kathy Martin said...

They are all so handsome and cute! You must be very proud! :)

Michele Gross said...

Lynn, I Loooove your new blog banner!! Its really fabulous!! Karen is the greatest and we just love what she did with our banner at CAS-ual Fridays! Seeing your new banner makes me feel like "re-decorating" at my blog! hehe
Your boys are so handsome :) And your card is gorgeous. Love the simplicity!!

Anita Rex said...

Love these photos of your handsome handsome boys!!! :> So fun to see them all separately and one after the other, fun to see the differences! Great card, and good luck putting the envelope pattern stamp away, it's so easy to use!

Emily Leiphart said...

Lynn, your photos took me from awww to complete laughter! Your boys are the sweetest! And your card for Karen? So beautiful!

Michelle said...

Oh, your boys are just lovely, they make me smile. I'm blessed with two girls, who also make me smile. Your card is lovely, too!
Michelle.