Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On the Mound...

The two little boys finished up their baseball seasons this past week, but Ryan's team still has a couple more weeks to go.  Ryan has been asking why I haven't shared pictures of him pitching on my blog.  It makes me smile that he stops in and reads what I write (and I know he likes to read the comments too...so thank you so much to all you nice commenters out there).  So...of course, I am obliging his request.  Here he is pitching on Saturday.  His team had a great 4-3 win.  He caught for the first four innings and then came in and pitched the sixth and seventh innings.  This is the first year that they are playing on a full sized baseball field. It is pretty amazing to watch the plays they can make at 13/14 years old.  And...no matter how old they get, it is still nerve wracking to watch your child pitch.  I love watching his confidence grow as he practices more and more and with each year is becoming an even stronger player.

And switching topics :), here is a fun birthday card for a teenage girl in your life.  This is going in my stash for one of my nieces.
The colors are inspired by the  Play Date Cafe Challenge.  I love the bright cheery colors.  Happy Tuesday!

14 comments:

Jen W. said...

Awesome photos! Looking good out there, Ryan! :)

Love the card too - fun and funky!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn! I really like it. :-) And gorgeous son, too! Great pitching style, Ryan.
Michelle.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love your CAS design! Perfect for boys. ;) You got the blog changing bug too, huh? It looks great.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Awesome photos of Ryan pitching! That card will be perfect for a teenage girl, too! Great job with the PDCC, Lynn! :)

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I remember all too well that nervousness when my boys pitched because I knew if they had an off night or if their team lost it would take them a week to get over it. You captured these moments perfectly, the photos are awesome.
We have a couple weeks of softball left, most of our games have been rained out. Keep up the great work, Ryan!

Jay Gee said...

Too funny Lynn! These are great action shots of Ryan :)

Love your CAS card too, grunge is so great for teenagers.

Jenny said...

Fab action pics Lynne, love the grungy card too :)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

Way to go Ryan! He looks so serious out there! And you card is truly fabulous Lynn. Playful and fun and trendy! Is that misting on there or that a stamp? Either way it is tons of fun!

Barb said...

Great form, Ryan! Congrats on your win! Love when your mom shares photos of you and your brothers! Tell her that I love her card too! :)

Tracey said...

Fabulous action shots Lynn!! LOVE this CAS card using the PDCC colours! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Lynn, I love this one-layer card! Fabulous over-stamping design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Maureen said...

love the action shots! And determination :) What a super fun colour combo, perfect for the first day of summer :) I'm thinking I only need flip-flops in OH. Yes? oh, and congrats on your Trigger win!! I see I wasn't the only one who loved it :) Home safe and sound and typing away in front of the tv now that I can :)

Anita Rex said...

What great photos you shared! So cool to see him pitch! I can't imagine that it's easy! Good job! :> Love your CAS card today, such a fun take of the colors!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool! Love it!