Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daddy's Little Girl

Good morning.  Today would have been my dad's 73rd birthday.  It has been a little over six years since he passed away.  I was and still am daddy's little girl.  This picture is probably from about 1975...it was in our family room sitting in "dad's chair".  My dad always had his chair in our family room.  If we were in it and he came it to relax, we got out!  The chair changed over the years, but as long as I can remember he had his own chair :)

As time passes, some memories unfortunately seem farther away, but others are always close to my heart.  My love for my dad is still very deep in my heart.  I miss him and cherish our time together as dad's little girl.  He always encouraged me to be the best I could be.  Happy birthday dad!

I thought the Verve sentiment on my card today was very appropriate to share on my dad's birthday. 
The sketch layout is for the Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. My first time playing along!  Thanks Maureen for the encouragement and guidance on SCS!

12 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Your card is beautiful Lynn... I lost my dad when I was 19. I still miss him all these 20+ years later. So glad you have so many happy memories of him :)

Jen W. said...

Thanks for sharing the pic and memories of your dad. The sentiment on your card is perfect and I'm sure he's up there smiling down, proud as punch of his little girl. :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

I like your neutral colors on your card. How funny that your dad had his own chair - my grandpa was the same way and you better believe that we had to move if he came around or trouble would ensue. I just love hearing all of your stories!

Judy said...

I love the colors and the design it's beautiful. And the story of you and your dad so touching.
Have a great day.
Judy

Barb said...

What a sweet photo, Lynn! So important to have those to help us remember. I too lost my dad at a very young age, 35 years ago.) I cherish the photos I have! Love your beautiful card with that perfect sentiment! Sending hugs to you!

Maureen said...

aw, you've got me all teary eyed again this morning! What an adorable picture :) I thought you looked like your mom, but you have your dad's eyes in this picture. Then I laughed because my dad has his chair too! A recliner! and about every 10 years mom would get him new one even though he said NOTHING was wrong with the old (saggy,torn,smelly) one! LOL Jake spent many hours sitting (or sleeping) with grandpa in his chair. It was funny to see how he would still try to fit once he got older and bigger! Dad still has his chair today too :) Oh, and what a way to start your SCS posting!! I'm so glad you got onto it! Just a delicious colour combo!! hugs!! We've got sunshine and a four day weekend starting tomorrow!! Yahoo!!

Ida said...

Your card is beautiful and so are the memories of your dad. Thanks so much for sharing.
My dad's birthday (May 27) is coming up and he would have been 91. It's been 13 years since he passed away but like you some memories have faded but some are still near and dear in my heart and I too was a "daddy's little girl" so I know how much those memories mean. Hugs!

Karen B. said...

A beautiful tribute to your father, Lynn.

Els said...

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting! Hope you had a god day! Cherish your memories!! I love your picture!!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers stamped on the kraft! Keep your memories close, they are precious for sure!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, Lynn, way to make me cry! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo of you and your Dad as well as the amazing card you made in his honour.

Aimes said...

There's something about Dads and their chairs :)
What a lovely post to honour your dad's birthday and that verse is so fitting.
HUGS!
Aimes
x