Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Neal

Good morning...It's time to wish my big brother, Neal, a happy 47th birthday.   Here we are:  Ryan, Olivia, my mum and Jonathon getting ready to sing Neal happy birthday! 

And here is the birthday boy having a good chuckle over a gift from his friends, John and Kathy.  They wrapped a whole bunch of boxes...with the smallest one containing a teeny, tiny fly fish for his fishing.  He and John love to fish together.
 Great action shot caught by Cindy's dad!
Happy Birthday to my wonderful big brother!  I love you Neal!

And here's Neal's birthday card inspired by Silke Ledlow's CASE Study card this week.  I used the text as my inspiration.  Originally when I set out to make my card, I wasn't planning on using this for Neal's birthday as I had red and black on my mind (yes...Sandy...it would have been for you!), but once I got going, I switched to a male birthday card in honor of Neal!
Ingredients: PTI Text Styles and Birthday Sentiments Stamps; Stampin' Up Basic Black Ink and Very Vanilla Paper; PTI Twine and Kraft Paper; Studio Calico Fabric Strickers and Moped;


Here is Silke's gorgeous CASE Study inspiration card.

10 comments:

  1. Love that Vespa image and the ruffled ribbon behind it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful I love the cards. Happy Birthday from me too.
    Have a great day
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What super pics! Looks like Neal has friends in high places with a card from the Whitehouse! ;D Hope he had a super birthday!
    Love the card you made Neal too. You're great at the guy cards...don't you ever get that panicky feeling when you've gotta make one?!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study too of course!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific guy card! Love that Text Style background and the strips of pleated materials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those candid laughing shots!! I can imagine with such a big family there is always some kind of birthday or celebration going on!! LOL Love the pop of green and the ribbon trim (hard to tell what it is, but it looks very cool!) Have a great day...it sunny but COLD here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Vespa is so cute! I want one! And of course I love the text background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome "guy" card this is, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some really lovely photos here! Great card too, wonderful job with the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful birthday card, I just feel the love on that card! Looks like you all had a great time at the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn, I love the card you made for Neal's birthday. It's an awesome masculine card in every detail!

    ReplyDelete