Friday, March 11, 2011

Band Concert

Last night was Ryan's band concert.  Sadly, I'm thinking this will be his last year of band.  He switched from clarinet to saxophone this year.  He enjoys band...but really more because his friends are in there with him.  He loves music, but not necessarily the practicing that goes with it!  A couple pictures from last night.  After the concert, Ryan was thoroughly embarassed to have his picture taken with me.  This is blurry, but I'm sharing it just to show how much taller he is than me.  And I have heels on!
He's a little more relaxed with his friend Kevin!  Note the purple ties...apparently purple is the color of choice.  Kevin's mom said Kevin was very unhappy that they couldn't find his older brother's purple tie right away.  Cracks me up that the boys are worried about their clothes!
After the concert...we were running to baseball practice at the batting cage.  This is where Ryan would practice all day long! 

After baseball, I needed a masculine thank you card for a co-worker...thus introducing my card for the CASE Study card and PTI's Make It Monday
Ingredients:  PTI Text Backgrounds and Signature Greetings; Ranger Distress Inks Broken China and Pumice Stone; Stampin' Up Crumb Cake Ribbon; PTI Buttons; My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose DSP; Stampin' UP Very Vanilla and Basic Black Paper


Here's the inspiration photo for this week's CASE study....loved the sketch so I tried to mirror it a bit...look at all those fabulous layers!

13 comments:

  1. Another handsome man, Lynn! I personally think it is neat that you share this part of your life with us. Great masculine card as well,t he background choice is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those purple ties, boys! :)
    This card rocks. I love the pop of colour from the patterned strip of paper and I like how the buttons are peeking up over the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the masculine card, these are never easy but you did a great job. Our band days are most likely ending as well since Shelby got braces. She can't get the sounds right on the clarinet nor the flute and is very frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Lynn! I hope you can keep convincing Ryan to get his picture taken with anyone and everyone! The older they get, the less they want to do that! Love the photos! Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely photos, Lynn! It's amazing how quickly those boys shoot up during their teenage years!
    Adore your card - those buttons peeking from the tag are super!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and what a handsome young man! My son is almost ten and is WAY into his clothes this year. So funny. I think purple is the big thing because of Justin Beiber? maybe...My son is growing his hair out like Justin Bieber, although he won't admit that is the look he is going for. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect masculine card, Lynn! I love it. The band story of Ryan is so cute!! I'm noticing the Bieber haircut, too. At least it's not tattoos and piercings, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one perfect Masculine card, wow!! Love the colors and design! I enjoy reading the little stories about your family, so nice to get to know you better! I, too, wonder when my boy will be taller than me. lol..I don't think I have to wait too long, he'll be 7 this yr. and I'm only a foot-and-a-half taller than him, scary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the peaking buttons, should remember that trick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the argyle, such a great guy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, I love your masculine card! The button placement is perfect as I always struggle with where to put then if at all on a guy card. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my my! I love this so much. Perfectly masculine, yet still bright. Are you digging on the Stella and Rose papers like I am? Yummmy. Perfect CASE. Perfect buttons. Perfect everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the text in the background Lynn! This card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete