Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pine Wood Derby Winner (and a card...)

On Sunday, Collin had recovered from the flu.  He and Pat were off to the Pinewood Derby with their Indian Guides Tribe.  Pat has been participating in this with the boys since Ryan was 5...eight years running and we've never had a winner!

But...that changed this year!  The patriotic rocket was the winner!
 Collin won the race for their tribe and came in third place when he competed against the winners from the other tribes!
To say he was excited to have two trophies was an understatement.  Pat said he blushed like crazy when he was awarded his trophies.  We also had to call Nana and PopPop and Nana and Mr. Hank to tell them the big news.  He'll be bringing them to school for sharing time!  He keeps asking, "Do you like my trophies?  Are you so proud of me?"  Way to go daddy and Collin!

And a quick card today...This card was inspired by Maureen's card here.  I love how she added the colored sentiment above the black and white text.
Ingredients:  PTI Polka Dot Basics; Verve Stamps Sentiment and Flower; PTI Button; Melon Mambo Ink and Crate Paper Restoration Collection Paper

8 comments:

Aimes said...

Yay! Hooray for Collin! Bet he was soooooooooo happy :)
Love your super CAS card inspired by that fabulous Diva, Maureen! The colour just 'pops' beautifully!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Barb said...

Yippee for Collin! Oh, that is so exciting! We have lots of dads and boys coming into the store to use our postal scale, so they can make sure the weight of their cars is correct for the race. Love the excitement and anticipation on the kids' faces! Collin's rocket is AWESOME, and I've seen a lot of these. . .just love that design! Tell him "way to go" from me. Love your pretty take on Maureen's card!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Yea Collin! I miss those days with my boys,I can't wait to experience it all again with my 20 month old grandson. Cute card!

Maureen said...

aw, congrats to Collin!! and thanks so much for honouring me with a FABULOUS take on my card :) Those words really stand out :) Simply amazing :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Hooray for Collin! That is fabulous! I bet you are all so proud. Your card is simply gorgeous, Lynn! :)

Tigriswillreign said...

I hope you don't find this offensive (as it is not intended as such!) but I keep wanting to recommend Picasa to you... It's a free photo editing program from Google that you can download from the web. Ever since my Photoshop went caput, I've been using it to fill light and increase highlights so my pics don't look as dark. I'm no expert, I'm still fiddling with it, but I thought I'd let you know!

Ida said...

Congrats to Collin and his dad for their win. It's great to see father's doing things with their sons like this.

Lovely card as well.

Emily Leiphart said...

Awww, that is so sweet for Collin! Hooray on the trophies and proud moment! I love the sweet card, too.