Sunday, February 13, 2011

Feel Better

Good morning...it is so nice...the boys can play outside this weekend for more than 10 to 15 minutes without coming in saying they are too cold.  Ryan had a football game going in the front yard yesterday.  Have to say that I love when our house is a gathering place for our boys and their friends.

Collin slept the day away yesterday; hopefully he'll start to feel better today. I am really hoping that the flu bug doesn't go through our house.

My sweet Jonathon tested for his black belt yesterday too.  Unfortunately, he didn't pass this time.  He wasn't able to break all his boards.  He'll be back next month stronger for it.  It is so hard to see him so disappointed, but just like with his brown belt, he'll do it next time.

Now onto a card for today.  I loved the scallops on the CASE Study inspiration for this week.  Here is my take on the challenge.  I've used just about every bit of the paper in the Restoration Collection for Crate Paper...love it!
Ingredients:  Crate Paper Restoration Collection Patterned Paper and Chip Board; PaperTrey Ink Text Styles II and Mega Mixed Messages

8 comments:

  1. Awwww I'm sorry that Jonathon didn't pass his black belt grading yesterday - I was rooting for him from across the pond and will be next time too :D It's so hard to see kids disappointed but have comfort in the fact that when we're grown up we learn so much from these experiences!
    Now I'm loving your CASE study card - funny how the scallops didn't stand out to me but do now LOL! A super CAS design!
    Enjoy your Sunday! Hope Collin is feeling a li'l better!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, today, Lynn! The scallops look fab! I used to love when the boys played here too! Mine grew up in a neighborhood full of boys! Feel so blessed for that! Just about every evening in the summer we would have 12 to 15 boys in our yard playing what they all called, "night games." Oh, such fun memories! I sure hope Collin feels better soon and I'm rooting for Jonathon in his black belt quest! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lynn! The layout looks fantastic and the happy colors are so great for a feel better card :) Hope Collin feels better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, gorgeous paper!!! LOVE it and that label shape is divine :) Your talking of the cold weather makes me laugh because on Friday one of my students comes in after lunch and announces that it's "colder than winter" outside. LOL I love how much perseverance Jonathon has...what great character he is building :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Lynn! Those papers are stunning and I love the shape of that label. I know Jonathon will get his black belt - he has the determination! Hope Collin feels better soon and that the flu doesn't spread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Lynn! The patterned scallops look fabulous, and I love how well your sentiment takes center stage (love that element you stamped on, wish I had a die shaped like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CAS design, Lynn and the colors are marvelous! Those side borders are so eye catching! A wonderful CASE! Thanks for playing along with CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful, Lynn! It's very CAS, but the use of patterned paper gives it such dimension!
    Thank you so much for playing CASE Study this week! xxx
    (I'm sorry for your boy, I'm sure it will be better next time!)

    ReplyDelete