Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What We Do When It Is Too Cold Outside for Baseball...

...we set up a batting cage in our garage:  complete with a paint drop cloth for catching balls, a tee and a bucket of balls.  First up...my lefty Collin...who is wearing Ryan's batting gloves which are about ten sizes too big. 
In between each at bat, he was stopping to pull up his jeans and asking me to go get him a belt.  He is so skinny and has absolutely no waist.  Gave me a good giggle...

Then up came my right hander, Jonathon.  I'm a little worried about the windows being so close to the "batting cage."  Check out the ball in mid air...would have been a nice hit!
Ryan is not pictured...but is our most frequent batting cage user...asking often for me to move my van out of the garage.  When he's out there, he has his iPod on full volume.  The life of a teenager.

Now...onto some cards to share for the current Wee Memories challenge.  Of course, I love this challenge...use ribbon.  Yum!  I love ribbon!  On both of these cards, I'm letting the ribbon speak for itself.  Keeping the cards rather simple with some patterned paper, a simple thank you sentiment and the ribbon.
 Ingredients:  Basic Grey Hopskotch paper; Stampin' Up So Saffron and Marina Mist; American Crafts Ribbon; Kaiser Kraft Pearls; PTI Damask Designs Stamps
Ingredients:  Bazzill Basics Paper; Basic Grey Olivia Paper; American Crafts Ribbon; Kaiser Kraft Pearls; Verve Stamps; Vintage Buttons

19 comments:

Jen W. said...

Your garage batting cage is a brilliant idea! Great way for the boys to burn off some steam. It also looks like the biggest garage I've ever seen! LOL!

I love how you made that peach ribbon into those flower shapes - it's so yummy and the pearls are the perfect accent.
The pink ribbon is perfect with that Olivia paper and your stitching is so perfect!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic idea Lynn! And your cards are so beautiful, you do wonders with ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty! Love the ribbon on both of these cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Anonymous said...

I love your batting cage...can I send my nine year old over?
These are stunning cards..seriously! The ribbon and floral papers are divine!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I adore that first card - that rose ribbon is so gorgeous. I keep looking at it when I go to Archivers but always talk myself out of it. I think I just need to cave! You've made it shine.

Barb said...

Lynn, these cards are both so beautiful! The paper on the first one is so perfect with the gorgeous ribbon! I love your pretty bow on the second card and what fabulous paper! The colors are wonderful! Thanks for sharing the photos of your boys! So fun! I remember mine skateboarding in the cold garage all winter. They would've really loved it if we could have figured out a way to set up a basketball hoop! :)

Laurel said...

Gorgeous cards, love the ribbon on them!

Tigriswillreign said...

SOOO gorgeous, Lynn! Both of them! sigh

Terrific b-ball idea, too! Will have to use this if my guy becomes interested...

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful cards, very lovely designs and color scheme!

Emma said...

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome back on my return to blog land. Such a beautiful pair of cards today, I especially love the colours on your first one with the touch of pearls is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love both cards - but I think the second one is my favorite.

Ida said...

Wow those cards are really pretty. My "fav" is the bottom one but they are both very nice.

Great idea for the batting practice and I hear you on your son not having much of a "waist" as Coleen is the same way and always pulling up her pants.

Aimes said...

Love the set up for indoor batting! Be careful with those windows LOL!
Love your cards, Lynn. So envious of your seam binding bows - they're gorgeous! And you've reminded me that I really need to get some beautiful bloomer ribbon too!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ann said...

Wowza, these are both gorgeous, Lynn! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories!

Michele Gross said...

Your card is gorgeous, no doubt about that...but the garage style batting cage is pure awesomeness! I totally get that! My car sat in the snow this afternoon because I had a skatepark in my garage ;) aaahh...counting off the days til April 1st!

Laurie said...

Both absolutley gorgeous cards! I am so loving the yellow rose ribbon!! And the baseball in the garage is such a fun idea! We would need that here too...we don't have school today bc of all the ice and cold! Great idea!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are gorgeous, Lynn! I love the way you use ribbon!

Amy Kolling said...

These are just gorgeous! I love the one with the rose ribbon!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Lynn! These are ever so soft and elegant! Such beauty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!