Monday, January 31, 2011

Just What the Doctor Ordered...

Well, this weekend was just what the doctor ordered...a whole lot of nothing going on around our house.  I'm so thankful for a very relaxing weekend. We had a basketball game and birthday party for the boys to go to, but other than that...we pretty much lazed around the house doing a whole lot of nothing.

Saturday night we went to mass and ran into Pat's parents there.  We popped out for a nice dinner with them. The boys were very chatty telling Nana and PopPop the latest on what is going on in their worlds.

Now..onto a card for today.  It's been a really long time since I've played along with the CASE Study challenges. The flowers in Mercy's inspiration card immediately had me motivated to get our my Verve flowers for this card.  Hope you enjoy it!
Ingredients:  Patterned Cardstock: Crate Paper; Ink:  Stampin' Up Basic Black and Melon Mambo; Stamps:  Verve and PTI Mega Mixed Messages; Leaves:  Stampin' Up Die; Cardstock:  Paper Company; Gems:  Kaiser Krafts

13 comments:

  1. Relaxing weekends are the best aren't they! Love the rich look of those flowers Lynn - they look gorgeous stamped on that patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jay - I love the flowers stamped on the patterned paper. It really give them added texture.
    Luis and I are going to a resort in the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. It's about an hour south of Cancun - away from all the wild partying! Lots of great Mayan ruins around and different activities to keep us busy - although I plan on doing a lot of chillin' out too! Luis just keeps saying, "10 days with no alarm!" LOL! Will post pics when we return...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty red bloomers! Great to hear that you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful, and I love how they are "framed"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite kind of weekend! Love your gorgeous flowers, Lynn! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those kind of weekends!! this is just eye popping!! Love the red on kraft...adding a bit of colour to our FREEZING day here...-19 with the windchill, ugh (oops, celsius that is:) I'm hoping it's an in day as I'm on recess duty!! LOL have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had one of those weekends too! Love these flowers and all the little leaf bunches behind them! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!-Happy to hear you have a relaxing day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Lynn! I'm happy to hear you had a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card - love the colors and the way you arranged the flowers! Lazy days around the house with family is the way to go...oh, and hanging in jammies all day sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to have you back at CASE study again Lynn, it is amazing what a wonderful weekend can do for the soul!
    Love this CAS layout, the flowers on the white are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flowers Lynn! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my! I am so loving these flowers! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete