Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Ingredients:  Stampin' Up Basic Black and Whisper White Paper; The Paper Company Red Cardstock; Martha Stewart Glitter; Score Tape; PTI Fillable Frames Die Cut; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler Ink; Hero Arts Gems; PaperTrey Ink Signature Greetings; Ranger Distress Ink Pumice Stone

Happy New Year!  I'm popping in at the last minute for Moxie Fab's Glitter is Glam Challenge along with this week's Stampin' 411 Sketch Challenge.   I simplified the sketch a bit...because this card has a lot going on with the glitter!  This card is for my niece, Madeleine, who I mentioned in an earlier post got into the University of Cincinnati's DAAP program.  I am still beaming for her.  I wanted to send her a congratulatory note in UC's school colors red and black.

Also...wanted to chat about scrapbooking for a minute.  Anyone out there doing or have done Project Life?  I'm going to give it a try this year. I love, love, love making cards and am finding that I don't enjoy scrapbooking quite as much.  But....I have two other things I love:  capturing everyday happenings in our families life and picture taking.  My blog helps me do both and I'm thinking Project Life will help me do even more without feeling like I have to pull everything out of my craft room to scrapbook our memories. This video by Laura Vegas was what set me in motion to try Project Life this year.  So, I'm leaving you with my first picture for my Project Life album.  This is a picture of a typical morning at our house...my two early birds:  Marcel and Jonathon snuggled up on the couch watching cartoons before they request their favorite breakfast:  cinnamon and sugar toast! 
Happy New Year to you all...hope it is getting off to a great start!

19 comments:

Karen B. said...

I'm going to check out that link, thank you! Also knew right away what your card was for, that glitter rocks!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely bold colors on this card, and love all of the shine and shimmer too!

Barb said...

Cinnamon and sugar toast!! Oh my gosh, I haven't thought about that in so long! It was my favorite as a child too. My mom gave it to the six of us kids all the time. Hmmm. . .I think I may need to have a piece for breakfast in the morning! :) Love your beautiful, glittery card, Lynn!

Maureen said...

that is one glittery card!!! I love it!!! And I love your boys...what a great candid shot :) I used to love cinnamon and sugar toast when I was little too :)

Kerin said...

Ooh la la love that glitter, perfect for that sentiment!!

Aimes said...

Now that's one fab, sparkly creation, Lynn!!! Love those colours!
Mmmm cinnamon and sugar toast - you've got me hungry now! LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Laurie said...

That is a fabulous card! I love the glitter and the bling!!

Those little ones are too cute!! My kids asked for toast today too! Yum!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lynn! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Helen F. said...

Happy New Year. Your card is so striking~lovin all that sparkle.
PS: Great photo of your boys ~ too adorable!

Tigriswillreign said...

Love all that glitz! I also like how you turned the Fillable Frame!

Jessica said...

Hi, Lynn! Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today. It warms my heart right up to hear that others are praying for Luke. Thank you so, so much.

Jessica Witty

Amy Kolling said...

Wow!! I love all the glittery goodness! I think how you turned the frame was a great idea!

Patti Chesky said...

This card is SO striking!! The glitter accents make for the perfect card!

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW, I totally love this card! So rich and sparkly!! Plus a way too cute photo of your two boys watching TV. :D

Unknown said...

LOVE this card Lynn! It's definitely a WOW!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love this!! So different and just gorgeous!

Selene Kempton said...

You do rock! Gorgeous use of glitter, color... This is just another gorgeous work of art. :D

Connie Babbert said...

Oh goodness! I used to love sugar and cinnamon toast! Too funny! Beautiful card with all that glitter! You inspired me!

Unknown said...

This is just awesome!!!I love all the glitter and sparkle!! I hope you are having a wonderful new year!!!