Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sketch Challenges

Good morning!  Yesterday was a successful day shopping....have to say I really appreciate the stores that have 40% off everything...makes Black Friday much easier!  My mum and I had a great time.  About seven hours of shopping and lunch and a great deal of her Christmas shopping is complete.  Of course, this morning I continued shopping and hit Verve's Sale! 

Today, I'm taking the little boys out to see Megamind.  Looking forward to some yummy movie popcorn!  And then tonight we're having both sets of parents and Pat's brothers family over for dinner.  Pat made up his chili which is perfect for the cold weather we are having.

I'm busy trying to finish up my Christmas cards this week so that I can get them in the mail in the next week or two...so I'll have tons of Christmas card inspiration.  First up are two challenges I haven't played along with in way to long.  CPS challenge...I love sketches!
Ingredients:  Stampin' Up Stamps, Whisper White Paper, Cherry Cobler Ink/Paper/Ribbon; Ranger Distress Inks; PTI 2010 Christmas Tags and Buttons

Next up is my take on this week's Mojo Monday challenge.  This Basic Grey paper is what I used for all my Christmas cards last year...still love the subtle color tones on this paper.
Ingredients;  PTI Twine, Kraft Paper and Daily Design Sentiments; Basic Grey DSP and Snowflake Die; Stampin' Up Almost Artichoke Paper/Ink and Tag Die;

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, I love the twine and tag on the second one!!! And how flat they all are!! I have a few designs in my head and these are helping me!! Gorgeous snowflake, love that image :) Good to hear it was a successful shopping day...it's so fun to watch the news up here because they show the craziest sales with people rushing the stores at 4:00 AM...lol :) Have a wonderful weekend, it sounds like fun!! hugs :)

Karen B. said...

Beautiful cards, and great to hear that your day was successful!

Els said...

Fabulous cards, Lynn! Absolutely adore that CPS one! Simply stunning!!!
Great to hear you had a good day of shopping! Enjoy the movie today!

Diane Jaquay said...

Two great cards Lynn! I really LOVE the CAS style of the first one, excellent job!

Emily Leiphart said...

Two beautiful cards, Lynn! These are CAS perfection. I really love the swirly tree image on the first one - haven't seen that one!

Tigriswillreign said...

Magnifique!

Laurie said...

These are awesome! I love that first one! So CAS and stunning!!

Rose Curtis said...

Love your crisp clean look!

Amy Kolling said...

I am in LOVE with the CAS card (the first one)....Very very nice!