Sunday, November 28, 2010

Question Boy...

This sweet little man is the little man of 101 questions these days..."What is Thanksgiving?  How many days until Christmas?  Why are those socks hanging on the fire?  What does Santa do with those socks?  Show me how many days on your fingers?  How many minutes until dinner?"  You name it, he has a question.  But he is so cute...(Photo compliments of his seven year old big brother Collin...isn't this a great picture of Marcel?)

I loved Heather's inspiration for us this week on the CASE Study challenge.  I immediately thought of the patterned October Afternoon paper I had...almost a perfect match to the background stamp she used.  Of course, I also love these Hero Art trees.  To make this, I embossed the trees with Versamark and then inked over them with Ranger Distress Ink.  A little paper piecing and we were ready to go.  Another dent in the Christmas cards!  
Ingredients:  Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler Paper, Real Red Ribbon, Whisper White Paper; Hero Arts Stamps; October Afternoon DSP; Clear Embossing Powder

11 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it when you find some DP that totally matches a project...I must root through my own stash sometime! LOL!
    Love your card and especially the way you've angled the sentiment - perfect!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study (and for sharing that super sweet pic of your boy too!)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love inspiration! Those trees look fun and re-producible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And that is a terrific pic of Marcel, the question man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, he is too sweet!! I remember all the questions too and tried to be a good mom and answer them, although I don't know if all the answers were always correct!! LOL Love this take on Heather's card...the colours, the background pattern and the big circle...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card, Lynn! And what a gorgeous pic of your little boy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcel is SOO cute! And your card is fabulous! I love the red with the pop of green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That boy is beyond cute...ah, loved that age!
    THAT is a wonderful card. I love everything about it and may have to copy you (uh, I mean CASE..hee!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors and fabulous design, Lynn! The background is a perfect showcase for your lovely image panel. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous Lynn - as always!! Thank you for sharing with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to say but Marcel's sweet face totally trumps your card! ;) Your lovely tree card is fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful traditional holiday card! I love the sideways bow!

    ReplyDelete