Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beautiful Day

It is absolutely beautiful in Cincinnati this weekend.  I was rushing around last weekend changing closets from shorts to long pants...and seeing who had outgrown their pants from last year.  No need to worry about it yesterday and today.  The boys have been running around outside in shorts and sandles.  Simply beautiful.  I could take this type of weather all year!

So...onto my card for today.  The current Embellish Challenge is to use felt along with the colors in the color swatch.  I decided to stamp the tree trunk in white on the brown felt and cut in out.  I also stamped the leaves on the white base and stamped it again, cut it out and used to dimensionals to pop up the leaves.  The layout for this card was inspired by the CASE Study Challenge.  Loved the layout of the card for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  It could be used for so many different card ideas!
Ingredients:  Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red  and Whisper White Paper;  PTI Through the Trees Stamps; PTI Baker's Twine; Range Distress Ink; SU Border Punch

19 comments:

  1. I love the layout of it too! I adore the shading of ink on your tree - you really are working the CAS design to its best!
    Thanks for playing along with us on CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love that method of two-step stamping, gives the image such definition! Wonderful colors and beautiful design, Lynn! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet the felt adds so much texture to your design. What a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so PRETTY! LOVE your tree and the felt is so FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this clean look and Autumnal feel!! Totally adorable card, thank you so much for playing with us again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! I like the colors you used and how you popped the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy day off! I hope it is an enjoyable one!
    You amaze me how you create such wonderful stuff, work and raise a family.
    I really love this card and what you did with the sketch. I like how the twine "ties in"..(ha...didn't mean for that to be a pun.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Love the tree and how you used the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Lynn! I like how you created the red-pink leaves! It looks fabulous! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, this tree looks like it is on fire!! Very cool :) Love the twine (again!) and that fabulous yellow background :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh! beautiful card!!
    www.samsscrapcandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super nice, great way to combine challenges! Thanks for playing along with the CASE study blog - it's so much fun to be their sponsor this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO gorgeous! I LOVE how you incorporated the felt into the tree!! Then I was wondering where the yellow was. You combined those difficult colours extremely well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. That tree is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tree is ROCKIN'! So glad you played along with us at Embellish!

    ReplyDelete