Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just Us Girls Technique Challenge

Happy Saturday!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!  I'm sitting here relaxing (well not really...kind of keep asking my little ones to get back in bed!)...while Pat is out with Ryan and Jonathon at our high school football game.  It's youth football night which means it is a full house supporting our Loveland Tigers!

This week's challenge is to use the Crackled Glass technique.  For a tutorial on how to do this click here.  The key to remember with this technique is to stick in the freezer after embossing.  Sounds crazy but it works!
Also, a big thank you to Just Rite Stamps for sponsoring Just Us Girls this week.  Aren't these stamps just scrumptious?  Can't wait to use them again and again!
Come play along with us at Just Us Girls!

Ingredients:  Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses DSP; Just Rite Stamps; KaiserKraft Gems; SU Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White and Crumb Cake Paper/Ink, SU Basic Black and Pink Pirouette Ink; Clear Embossing Powder; SU Ribbon

11 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Let me be the first to tell you that your card is DELIGHTFUL! Thar stamp is WONDERFUL and the colors are so FAB on your card. Great design! Congrats on being the guest designer!!

AKiteFlier said...

Oh Lynn I LOVE this. First off I adore snowmen and this little skier is just cute as can be - and works SO well with the cracked glass. Love your choice of papers, too!! Just adorable adorable adorable! We're so glad JUGS has you as a designer this month.

Alicia Weiman said...

Your card is beautiful Lynn! I love the snowman...now I'm wishing I had that set too! So glad you are designing with us this month!

Kristin Eberline said...

Lynn, your card is amazing! I LOVE the colors you pulled from that pretty patterned paper and your layout couldn't be more perfect! Your snowman is so cute, and you did a fab job on the cracked glass technique. BEAUTIFUL work my friend!!

Anne Tussing said...

Beautiful card!! The crackled glass looks great and the colors are perfect.

Ida said...

Wonderful and so wintery. Cute snowman and the cracked glass looks awesome.

Emily Leiphart said...

A beautiful Christmas card! I love the crackled glass and the awesome sentiment. That is one of the best sentiments I've seen for Christmas!

Monique said...

Such a beautiful Holiday card. I love the sentiment and your color choice.. Great job on the cracked glass :)

Kathryn B said...

Your card is beautiful Lynn! I love the colors and the design of your card is perfect!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors and your layout is perfect for these images! Great cracked glass technique!

Andrea M said...

Lynn this is stunning!!! Love your take on the cracked glass technique :) What gorgeous patterned papers! Great job girl!