Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I feel wiggly..."

My little man started pre-school today...he was so sweet this morning.  He comes into the bathroom when I'm getting ready with a very worried look, "Mommy, how will the bus driver know my name?"  "It's okay buddy.  Collin will be with you, she'll know your name because Collin's your brother."  And then Pat very gently says, "That's why we put the tag on your backpack Marcel, it has your name on it."  Marcel just looks at us as he's thinking and then comes over and leans on my leg, "Mommy, I feel wiggly..."  Ohhh...my little man was nervous!  So sweet...I'll sit and cuddle with you...

But the confidence quickly came back....numero uno getting on the bus...and the only one of our four boys to wave to us from the bus window on the first day of school with a big huge smile on his face!

And when he came home from school, he was one happy guy, telling us about the name song to learn all of his new classmates names.

And now...for some craftiness!  Loved the CASE Study Challenge this week...and completely cased it...colors, sketch...everything about it = love.  Loving these Martha Stewart flower embellishments too!
P.S.  Don't you love blogging?  I do...makes me so happy to write down the fun things my children say/do!  Happiness!

11 comments:

  1. This is a beauty!! I bet you win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, look at this beauty! I so love to have you playing with us every week, Lynn! You make treeific cards :) And let me tell you... your boy is totally adorable! I hope he had as blast on his first day of school! Thanks for playing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bless! Wiggly - love that word!
    Oooh your card is fabby and I'm so glad you felt the urge to completely CASE it too like I did! Those colours are gorgeous together!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sympathy card!! I really should write down more of the funny stuff my kids say, I used to, but now that I don't scrap anymore I've gotten out of the habit :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wiggly story made me cry! How SWEET! LOVE the pics! You have such a beautiful family! And Oh Yeah - I LOVE your card, too! Your butterfly is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness.. You have me crying lol that is so sweet I remember my kids first day of school like it was yesterday . For me I was bawling my eyes out as I was taking the first day of school pictures this year because my oldest graduates this year and I realized this would be the last first day of school for her. Time goes by so quickly.. Your card is beautiful BTW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just gorgeous. Rich, warm and elegant. So happy that Marcel enjoyed his first day of Pre-School.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, how adorable is Marcel with his little backpack standing on that rock! What a special day it must've been for you all. Thanks for sharing such sweetness. Your cased card is stunning! I love every aspect of it, especially that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww...how sweet is this story! I feel wiggly! What a great way to describe his feelings! Sweet card, by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fab color combination and yes, I LOVE Martha's stuff...so elegant and classy as is your card! Love the warm earth tones and the even more charming kid stories! They certainly melt your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning Lynn, the colours are a perfect combination! Good to hear that your little man had a wonderful 1st day at school, it is such a big step for them - and for Mum too!! Thanks for sharing your little ones and your talents at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete