Monday, August 9, 2010

Thoughts of a Soon to Be First Grader...

...ever wonder what your little ones are thinking when it is time for a big change in their lives?  I always wonder if they are worried, nervous, happy...what is going on in their minds?

Collin was sitting with me yesterday and just started talking...not really asking for a response.
"I'm going to be a first grader."
"I get to buy a lunch box and bring it to school."
"I'll ride the Brown Bear bus." (our school has pictures versus numbers on the buses!)
"Marcel will ride with me, but not on the way home."  (Marcel is going for half day pre-school."
"I'll have a new seat."
"I'll be at school all day."
Looks up...and shoots me his side ways smile!  Sweet little man...I'm sure you'll do great!

Now...onto a little card inspiration for today!  Jenny's Wee Memories Challenge is to make a card with some butterflies.  Mish always encourages us to "make 'em and send 'em"...and I must be doing this as I have zero thank you cards! So...my butterfly inspiration was to make a thank you card!  I went to Archiver's over the weekend because I had "errands I needed to run..." (and yes...my hubby knows what I really mean...after I cleaned up the craft room he knew my errands likely involved some type of stop at a craft store!) and picked up this yummy Hero Arts script background stamp...love it, love it, love it!  I have been wanting a background script that is a little bit more spaced out than some of my other background script stamps!  So...look out, I'm sure you'll see it on a lot more cards!  So...here's my card!  Hope you like it!
Ingredients:  Paper:  October Afternoon Thrift Shop, SU Very Vanilla, Definitely Daffodil and Old Olive; SU Sizzlits, Stamps:  Hero Arts, PTI Mega Mixed Messages, PTI Twine; Ink:  SU Old Olive and Definitely Daffodil

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and layers. I will have a first grader as well, but he's not a quite looking forward to starting again as your young man.

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card love the choice of paper tfs!!!

Anne said...

What a fabulous card- love the colors and papers you chose! I've got an upcoming 1st grader too- isn't it funny what they talk about sometimes!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Sweet little boy, I register my first grader today and she is soo excited. I love the first day of school... the smell(new crayons), the sounds of the little excited voices, and the extra hard squeezes of little hands tucked in Mom's hands as you walk in. This is my 5th one and I still cry when I walk out by myself. By the way, beautiful card!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, be still my heart, this card is positively SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

Jill said...

THIS IS SOOOOO perfect! I love this card! Great colors and the overall design is sunny and charming! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I love the colors and elegant script (which I will have to get on my next trip to Acrchiver's....love those coupons!) Also, I enjoyed reading about your boy.. very sweet!

Emily Leiphart said...

Collin is such a sweetie and so smart, too! I love his freckles!

Wow, wow, wow! Lynn, your card is absolutely gorgeous and what a perfect way to say thanks to someone! I LOVE that little tag with the perforations along the edge. How did you make it?

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! Fabulously beautiful! I miss having a 1st grader-mine are 4th and 6th now. How fast it goes!! Glad you could join us at Wee Memories :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous colors and design! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Lynn, this is so pretty! I love the yellow and green color combo-very elegant! thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week!

Court said...

What a truly gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Nicky Hsu said...

Lynn, I love the color on this card. So pretty. Congrats on the Fabulous 4 of Wee Memories.