Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Sweet Jonathon...and Hello!

Hello!  Jonathon is my sweet, sensitive little one. I thought I'd share a few conversations from this week:

After he lost a tooth at school. "Mom, I know the tooth fairy is you, but it's still really nice to get money. Would you leave me money if I leave it under my pillow? And mom, did you know how nice Mr. Dave (the school janitor) is? He gave me 50 cents for my lost tooth. Isn't that so nice?"

When he needed to bring in something special to school, he brought in a bear that my friend Candice cross stitched with his birth announcement information. Even at almost ten years old, he is fascinated by the bear. He loves numbers, so he is always asking how much his brothers weighed, how tall they were, etc. He can recite all of his "vital stats"! He told me he wanted to bring it into school not only to show the special bear, but also because when he gets nervous at night, the bear makes him feel safe in his room.

Then the best conversation. "Mom, you know what Ryan said when Grandad died, well he was right. Jillian's mom had a baby that came out too early, but you know what? A few weeks later her aunt had a baby. God took the first baby to make a new baby." He had big tears in those brown eyes when he brought this up to me. A little back story to this conversation is that when my dad died, the first thing Ryan said to me was, "Mom, it's okay, God takes good people to heaven so that he can make new people." That is something I've talked to the boys about many times. Our God has a plan that is sometimes hard to understand, but I think it is important for our children to have faith. I loved that Jonathon repeated this back to me in a way he understands.

Hope your week is off to a good start.  Love the colors on this card...bright and cheery paper from Pebbles.  Thanks to Keesh and the Inkspirations gang for a fun sketch! 

Ingredients:  SU So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie, Pebbles May Bouqet Collection; Pebbles Chip Board: SU Brads; May Arts Ribbon

9 comments:

Aimes said...

Oh what a sweetie your boy is! So true that it's hard to understand why some things happen in life, but it's all part of a bigger picture.
On another note, love your happy, cheery, hello card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Diane Jaquay said...

This card makes me HAPPY :) And what a sweet story about your little one. Our kids often have more wisdom than we give them credit for.

kelly said...

Lynn,
Love the card. Nice and bright. Love the story about your son.

Kelly

Ida said...

What a happy and cheerful card. Love it!
Truly enjoy hearing about your family. I love how Jonathan expressed his feelings.

Emily Leiphart said...

Lynn, I loved all three of those touching stories and thank you for sharing them! Your card is just fabulous with all of the layers and happy colours.

Chantelle said...

Hi Lynn - love your happy bright card - it's so fun and you've done a wonderful job with the sketch. Thanks for joining in this week.

Michele Gross said...

Oh those sweet stories made me all teary! What a sweet boy you have :) And what a super pretty and happy hello card. Lovely!!

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous card. It is so fun and happy! Your stories are so sweet. It makes me look forward to motherhood one day.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I can so relate to kids growing up and all the stages they go through and all the questions that are so hard to explain at times. You would think that I would be a pro at it by now and would have it all figured out but I certainly don't. It actually seemed easier with the first 3 or maybe it was because I was a whole lot younger then. Thanks for posting these tidbits about your children, it is lovely to read.