Monday, August 30, 2010

Break Away from the Blog...

....do you ever feel like that?  That you just can't break away from the blog.  I love blogging...I mean really love blogging.  Love that it helps me write down fun things the boys are doing or how I'm feeling about this or that (things I would never write down if I only scrapbooked).  Love the connections I make with other bloggers.  Getting a glimpse inside of others lives and being inspired by their creativity.  Love that it helps me make time for my creative side.  Just plain love it...but sometimes I do need to tell myself to "Break Away from the Blog."  I could simply spend hours on it...

So...onto a little creative inspiration for you today!  Here is a bright cheery card for two challenges:  Case Study and Passion for PaperTrey.  The sketch is inspired by Case Study (although I didn't use as many embellishments) and the Passion for PaperTrey challenge is to use polka dots...love my polka dots!
Ingredients:  SU Very Vanilla and Melon Mambo Paper/Ink; October Afternoon DSP; PTI Embellishments Stamps and Buttons; Stampin' Dimensionals

And guess what happened yesterday (after I had already written this post!)...that was extremely nice and flattering!  Emily choose me as a Beautiful Blogger.  The rules are:  tell seven facts about yourself and then pass it on to seven bloggers.  So seven random facts about me:
  • I am the only granddaughter on my dad's side of the family (9 grandchildren)...and now I am the mom to four boys!  My two brothers have all girls.
  • I love blogging.
  • When I read...it is normally very mindless.  Love a good girly book.
  • I can't remember history at all.  Thank goodness Pat loves history.  He'll help the boys with this subject in school
  • I'm fiercely loyal to my family and friends.  Most of the time a good trait...but sometimes gets me in trouble.
  • I love my husband more and more every year. 
  • My mum is from Scotland and I feel so blessed that we are very close to my family in England...can't wait to go back!
And I decided I can't choose seven...I went through my blog roll and have over 15...just know I love all you bloggers out there!  Thanks so much Emily!

12 comments:

  1. Oh this card is DIVINE! Love the shaped aperture, love the colours and ADORE that HUGE button!!!
    Y'know if you're ever back in England let me know! LOL!
    Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study AND our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors, and the string and button treatment, and of course that beautiful flourish (which I STILL haven't inked up, ugh, maybe now that the kids are back in school I'll have more time lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the beautiful blogger! Thanks for sharing such fun facts about yourself. Great card..really like the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what a stunning card!!! Love the raspberry on those polka dots!! I hear ya, I could spend hours on blogging as well...now that work is gearing up, I will be forced to be away (darn job!!)....lol Congrats on your award...you are a Beautiful Blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love this!! Take a break sometime, you can you know. Its your blog :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Love the Flourish and the button treatment.
    Hey I hear you sometimes we need to "step away" from the Blog but not for to long. I'm like you it's a bit like "therapy" but cheaper (well maybe not cheaper)after all I spend out on stamps/supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous piece... the colour combo is a total winner in my books, as are polka dots and string... super design and clever inspired piece!
    Thanks so much for playing with us again - we love it when you do! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the striking colours in your card and I'm a bit jealous that you were able to get hold of the new mat stack die! ;) Thanks for sharing those wonderful facts about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning Lynn! The flourish and the reverse die cut, wonderful colour selection too!! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love the black and white with that wonderful pink! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow!! This is just gorgeous! Love the mat stack cut out with the flourish behind it!

    ReplyDelete