Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Many Thanks

I stopped by my friend Rhonda's house last night and borrowed some of her stamp sets...and tonight came home and Dawn had posted a new challenge.  Good times for me!  New sets to try and a new challenge!

I also just got my Creating Keepsakes magazine in the mail and there were a few things I wanted to try from there!  To make this card, I pleated the rust polka dot paper and stitched it so that it stayed nice and flat!  For the flower, I stamped the script in Chocolate Chip, punched a 1 3/4" circle and then cut out triangles to make the flower. Below the flower I punched a two inch scallop circle.  This helped the flower stand out a little more.   Both of these ideas were from Creating Keepsakes...easy!  Easy is my style!

The Many Thanks tag was punched using the Word Window Punch and then looped into the twine bow on the ribbon. 

To finish things off, I rounded the bottom corner and inked around the edges with Ranger Distress Ink. 






Ingredients: SU Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Real Rust Polka Dot Paper, PaperTrey Ink Kraft Paper, Twine and Vintage Christmas Buttons; PaperTrey Ink Wedding Day Many Thanks Stamp; SU Scallop and Word Window Punch; SU French Script Background Stamp; Marvy Scallop Punch

6 comments:

Daniela F. said...

Very pretty, Lynn! I love the paper ruffels and the french script :)

Tammy said...

Cute--love the flower idea!

Sue Lelli said...

REALLY REALLY nice! LOVE all the text!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

I love this card! Nice work on Dawns color challenge! LOVE it! :)

Great blog and you have a beautiful family!!

Maureen said...

I love that unique flower and the ruffle...great texture!

Andrea M said...

Wow Lynn - this is gorgeous :) Love the ruffled paper and the text - so very pretty!